After the successful release of their self-titled comeback album in February which resulted in a Top 10 chart entry in Germany (on position 8!) NEAERA is now launching a brand new video (directed by Ben Liepelt for Port Royal Films) for the album track ‘Deathless’.
Please view the video HERE. The live footage in the video was filmed during the band’s release show for NEAERA in Münster, Germany on February, 29th.
Comments singer Benjamin Hilleke: “One of the songs on our current album is called ‘Deathless’, which deals with the topic of sexualised violence. According to UNIFEM it is estimated that 35 per cent of women worldwide have experienced either physical and/or sexual intimate partner violence or sexual violence by a non-partner (not including sexual harassment) at some point in their lives. For anyone affected, we would like to hint at the following organizations:
- Unwomen.org – the help line of the Federal Office for Family Affairs
- Zartbitter .e.V. with whom we have already been able to work together in the past thanks to your helpfulness.”
Check out more videos of the album at MetalBlade.com, where the record is also available to purchase in the following formats:
- box set (digipak CD, bonus demo CD, pin, sweat band, patch – limited to 3000 copies)
- 180g black vinyl (EU exclusive)
- clear w/ black smoke vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 500 copies)
- clear / white marbled vinyl (EMP exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
- dark red / brown marbled vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
- clear / grey white swirl vinyl (EU Shop exclusive – limited to 100 copies)
- ochre brown marbled vinyl (US exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
- exclusive bundles with shirts, plus digital options are also available!
For NEAERA, they decided to work with professionals and studios that have contributed to the band’s history: drums were recorded in the Docma Klang Studio in Osnabrück (where the demo was recorded in 2004) while artwork was created by Terje Johnsen (who also handled the art for 2007’s Armamentarium, 2009’s Omnicide – Creation Unleashed, 2010’s Forging The Eclipse). For the mixing and mastering, the band got Jacob Hansen (Volbeat, Heaven Shall Burn, etc.) on board. “Hansen already did a great job with our albums Let The Tempest Come and Armamentarium. This is exactly the sound we wanted to have back on this album,” says Buck happily. The result 100% reflects Neaera’s trademarks!