On October 25th, CIRITH UNGOL will release their new live album/DVD, I’m Alive, via Metal Blade Records. Capturing CIRITH UNGOL at the peak of their darkened, mystical powers before a rapturous crowd at the Up the Hammers festival in Athens, Greece, this recording showcases the magic and might of the band onstage. It’s accompanied by additional performances recorded at the Hammer Of Doom (2017) and Rock Hard Festivals (2018) in Germany. For this monumental release, a special in-depth documentary spanning 2 hours in length was recorded, which includes exclusive interviews about the history and legacy of the band, as told by the current and original members.
Once again, acclaimed fantasy artist Michael Whelan (whose images adorn each cover of CIRITH UNGOL’s four studio albums) has created the perfect visual accompaniment for the musical content. It’s only fitting as Whelan’s breathtaking artwork is inextricably intertwined with the music and mythology of CIRITH UNGOL in the hearts and imaginations of metalheads worldwide.
For a preview of I’m Alive, a video for ‘Join The Legion’ (live at Up The Hammers Fest) can be viewed HERE
To pre-order I’m Alive, please visit Metal Blade HERE, where the album/DVD is available in the following formats:
- Live Audio from Up The Hammers Festival, May 27, 2017, Gagarin 205, Athens, Greece
- Bonus Tracks – Hammer Of Doom Festival – Nov 18, 2017, Posthalle, Würzburg, Germany
- Up The Hammers Festival 2017 (Full live set)
- Hammer Of Doom Festival 2018 (Full live set)
- Documentary approx. 2:00:00
- Rock Hard Festival 2018 (Full live set): 00:57:34
- Rock Hard Interview: 00:10:48
CIRITH UNGOL Online: